Thursday, October 07, 2010

Twitter-Friendly Home Page?



.

Note: My apologies, but the feedback I'm getting is a troubling sign of the times. Based on our market for "truth", I know thousands of people in Toronto know what's going on and how serious our situation is, especially with the recession and health risks getting worse. I'm not sure if they want to, but I hope my campaign gives them a chance to speak freely with people and have conversations about anything relevant they look into. We can help everyone else in Toronto deal with what's happening.

However, the other issue I get is the need to "Keep it simple! + Keep it happy!" that many say they want, which is hard to do when it comes to this stuff. Friends even say my writing is getting worse as I try to compensate for shortened attention spans. If I was allowed to, and if people would read it, then I could do some wicked satire about this stuff. But, even though we're electing a Mayor of Toronto for four years, people just want 4 bullet points. This is tricky stuff, but it's possible.


.

Welcome to the Campaign to Elect Vijay Sarma Mayor of Toronto!


Election Date: Monday, October 25th, 2010, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Advance Touch-Screen Voting: October 5th - 13th, 2010

You don't need to register, just bring your photo ID.

http://www.toronto.ca/elections/calendar.htm

.

Exercise your citizenship. Find where to vote.


http://vote.ca/

.

Vijay Sarma - 2010 Mayor of Toronto Candidate

1512-C Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1T5

Vijay.Sarma@gmail.com | 647-857-5755

http://WhatYouWantToBelieveIn.com

.

Find me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/MayorVij

Find me on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/MayorVij

Find me on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/people/Vijay-Sarma/549500671

.

Dear Friends in Toronto,

.

Thanks for your interest in my 2010 campaign to become Mayor of Toronto. Even if I don't win, I hope to share ideas so we can compare them with others and use the ones we like. I think we can work with our City to improve our health, wealth and relationships and the quality of life for all in Toronto.

.

I've been informally running for Mayor since April 2009 and gave speeches and press conferences. But, I don't like self-promotion, so I worked with Toronto Truth Seekers and on my CKLN Radio show, which I then had to give up to run. My goal is to help everyone protect their families, friends and city.

.

After several months, most Torontonians still find the 2010 elections boring. We can just debate the topics in the news like "bike lanes" or "rebates", but many of us don't care, or will forget about them soon since they don't affect us. Independent candidates can say more so we can all ask for more

.

No adults can honestly say we get enough truth from our media, or there's nothing else wrong and the same people who brought us to an age of crisis will get us out of it. I'd rather agree on reality and just argue about what solutions to use, so I hope my campaign helps us catch up quickly so we can.

.

This website contains some of my research as a journalist, artist, activist and philosopher in Toronto tracking changes in our culture. While many of recognize we have serious issues to deal with, many of us also find it's getting harder to discuss them. I hope to help clarify a few things here so we can.

.

We're choosing a Mayor of Toronto for four years at a crucial time in our City's history. Our "social networking" culture encourages us to speak in 140 characters or less, so I'll try to keep it brief, but some issues are too complex for that, so my apologies, but we should make sure they're dealt with.

.

Unfortunately, our communication skills are being destroyed by our new technology. We force each other to say short and simple things; then complain we're bored. To respect each other, we need to value the smart things we each say more than the appropriate things our corporate culture suggests.

.

During an election, we can ask our politicians for specific things in exchange for our votes. We're all aware of health risks, the weak economy and more, but often won't discuss serious issues when our politicians and media don't, or think it's too depressing. Can we feel strong enough to handle them?

.

The bad guys need to keep secrets to fool us. But, they got caught and millions worldwide know it. Now, our attitudes about this will reflect our faith in ourselves and each other. If we have none, we'll just feel hopeless. If we have some, we'll say we can do something about it. That's what's going on.

.

We know most candidates came from a corrupt system and probably won't change it. So, instead of succumbing to "double-think", or knowing about real issues but still taking election debating topics seriously, we can realize we all know more than we're encouraged to share, then share it to feel free.

.

America is electing politicians on real issues. Europe is taking to the streets over the recession and cuts to services. Canadians don't see many examples of this to feel inspired, but we can find them, get informed, refer to our favourite people in history for guidance, and go from there. It's all possible.

.

People have done this forever, so we just have to feel comfortable calmly and consistently sharing good info with our neighbours in verbal and non-verbal ways, then use it to control the people who control where we live and help our political system resist the corrupt influence of corporate lobbyists.

.

While many Canadians feel politically helpless, we should ask what that means or reveals about our culture. Is it natural? Or engineered? How? By whom? Friends and I have worked on how to publicly show our political power in Toronto. We want to believe we have it and can, so a few of us proved it.

.

My apologies for any campaign confusion, but after trying to figure out how to communicate about this stuff in Toronto for a while, I'm getting burned-out about what to say. I'm winning the argument but losing the audience since we're socialized to avoid discussing the issues that affect us the most.

.

Since this is a trend, we can see the small issues as a distraction from big issues, like high taxes and toxins as likely causes of stress and sickness. I hope we can deal with them this election when we're in the mood to discuss politics. We'll feel healthier and happier once we see solutions in place.

.

Our relationships are what we care about the most, but unfortunately they're being weakened by our culture. However, we can repair them by feeling able to handle each others most serious personal and political issues, plus be nice enough to share info with others that can improve our daily lives.

.

Incidentally, if Godzilla attacked the City, and men and women were at a party, someone would have to put their drinks down and fight them. Men have always defended their tribes against attacks, so more men should handle security in Toronto against corporate corruption on behalf of everyone else.

.

Frankly, it would be great if a half-dozen guys in each ward in Toronto just decided control where they live. That's all it would take. They can inform their neighbours, be locally accountable for their actions and help everyone petition their City on a regular basis to get what they want. It's that easy.

.

This just comes down to logic and logistics, or seeing what we can do with what we have. With our modern communications technology, access to our neighbours and elected officials and empathy as a tolerant people in a great City, I'm sure we won't have any trouble taking care of this stuff if we try.

.

Finally, if you want to know why I'm focused on this, it's because while seeing what our corporate culture was doing to everyone, I tried to resist it. I'm not doing this for money, power or sex. I just know what the near future holds like many others, so I know we need to deal with it soon anyway.

.

Sometimes people asked Mongolian warrior Genghis Khan why he slept in a tent outside his castle. He said he did it to avoid getting soft and to stay sharp for battle. I hold nothing against anyone else, I just wanted to make sure that I was in a position to help the people of Toronto handle our business.

.

Thanks for your consideration and please pass it on.

Warm regards,

Vijay

.

Vijay Sarma - 2010 Mayor of Toronto Candidate

1512-C Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1T5

Vijay.Sarma@gmail.com | 647-857-5755

http://WhatYouWantToBelieveIn.com

.

2010 Mayor of Toronto Hopeful on Info:

If It's Stupid, Laugh At It, If It's Smart, Enjoy It



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH3C07DG7LM

.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home