Monday, April 18, 2005

The Blueprint - Volume 1: Seeds - PART TWO: Paid Political Prisoners

The Blueprint - Volume 1: Seeds

(...)

PART TWO: Paid Political Prisoners

(...)

"I wanna be rich..."

"I wanna be rich..."

"I don't want nobody poor..."

"But I wanna be rich..."

(...)

"And when I'm rich..."

"And when I'm rich..."

"If I still fight for the poor..."

"Don't bitch about my sitch..."

(...)

Don't dis Michael Moore,
Feeling smug 'cause he's sure,
He's made a mill' now,
Still fights for the poor!

You got big plans?
For when you get rich?
Cop a phat-ass ride?
Cop a skinny-ass bitch?

Where's the itch to fix-a-sitch?
Think bigger now son!
Where's the rest of the picture,
It's gonna be one world won...

- Black Krishna, song/poem: "How Do We Stop The Next Columbine?"

(...)

Swoosh!

Tiger Woods drives, his lithe mega-racial frame wrapped proudly in Nike microfibre contorting mightily, the ball traveling precisely 300 yards as oohs and ahhs erupt into applause.

The fans gasp, the dreams of a million golfers made all-too familiar: sandtrap.

Crap.

Calmly, everyone recognizes: even the mighty Tiger must play the ball where it lands.

How he plays it will determine his greatness.

(...)

Where are we?

(...)

Achtung Baby!!!

(...)

Usher...

So smoooth...

So sexxxy...

So-phisticated...

Good-lookin' homie...

Nice cribs...

Nice rides...

Nice ice...

Nice...

(...)

Yeah!!!

(...)

"People in developing countries will benefit more, both financially and emotionally, by becoming part of the global economy, instead of being written off with big aid checks."
- Bono

"We carry the story of the people who make our clothes around with us."
- Edun Jeans

"Throw it down big man!!! Throw it down!!!"
- Bill Walton

(...)

Bling me the head of Hypocrisissy!

Bling me!!!

Bling me so I can cast thee in Corporate Carbonite!

Bling me!!!

(...)

Who gets to get to get the chain?

Who gets to get to get the bling?

Who gets to get to get the point?

(...)

"And in this corner, at 26 years of age and 165 lbs of shirtless chocolatey goodness: Usher!!!"

"And in this corner, at 44 years of age and 165 lbs of open-shirted Guinnessy goodness: Bono!!!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen..."

"Let's get ready to rummmble!!!"

(...)

"Uh-oh, Usher moved dangerously there exposing his weakness for kids..."

"But what the?!? A devastating Confessional uppercut!!! Just beating cheating into retreating!!!"

"He's sorry... but he's horny... he's been bad... but he's good..."

"He's a star!!!"

Bling me the giant platinum icey U!!!

Bling me!!!

(...)

"Uh-oh, Bono moved dangerously there exposing his weakness for bling..."

"But what the?!? A devastating blow to 3rd World Debt!!! Just beating cheating into retreating!!!"

"He's sorry... but he's rich... he's been bad... but he's good..."

"He's a star!!!"

Bling me the giant platinum icey B!!!

Bling me!!!

(...)

Yank, the chain...
Flush, the bullshit...
Down, the drain...
Let...
The water...
Get clean...
Again..."

- Klyde Broox, aka - Mr. Po' Magic, "Yank The Chain"

(...)

Okay-okay-okay-okay!

Fine.

If Usher gets a chain, Bono gets a chain.

If Usher gets a girl, Bono gets a girl.

If Usher gets to cheat, Bono gets to cheat.

If Usher gets to sing'n'bling'n'ting, Bono gets to sing'n'bling'n'ting.

There.

You happy?

(...)

Wyclef in a Bentley,
Screaming "Free Haiti!!!"
Chasing pretty ladies,
And politicians, dat's shady...

- Black Krishna, song: "Simplified Soldier"

(...)

You do more you get to do more.

You are not a Paid Political Prisoner.

You are not crucified by your giant platinum crucifix.

You are not allowed to stupidly savage Save The World Soldiers.

(...)

You can try...

Or...

You can try...

(...)

"In one segment addressing the Free Trade Zones, we meet workers who sew five-six days a week for American corporations to earn the legal minimum wage of $30 U.S./week ($1200 - $1500 Jamaican dollars/week)."

http://www.lifeanddebt.org/

The best film I have ever seen to explain how "3rd World Debt" was set up to create helpless feeder systems for cheap labour, with evil loans far beyond any rational discourse between any two parties obliterating my high school World Issues course.

(And any guilt I had about skipping it.)

(Some great reggae riddims too...)

(...)

I think it's racism. (I am not alone.)

I think it's pretty clear. (I am not alone.)

I think it's post-colonial petty-cash moves. (I am not alone.)

I think it's piss-poor perpetuating punk'd as prophecy. (I am not alone.)

(...)

Poverty is slavery,
We livin' off thievery,
We givin' so we free to be,
Strapped to the economy...

- Black Krishna, spoken word: "Poverty Is Slavery"

(...)

THE BULLSHIT ENDS NOW.

THE HYPOCRISY ENDS NOW.

THE CANNIBALEFTYISM ENDS NOW.

THE BRAINLESS EATING OF BRAINS ENDS NOW.

MMM...

BRAINS...

(...)

"Armchair Activists: Activate Analogies!"

"How Would You: Spend Your Money Funny!"

(...)

"Where Do You: Draw The Line!"

"When Do You: Know It's Mine?"

(...)

We live here. All of us.

We enjoy time here. All of us.

We want to be rich here. All of us.

We want to buy things here. All of us.

We tear down heroes here. All of us.

(...)

So. From. Now. On.

(...)

The more you do...

(For all of us...)

The more you get to do...

(From all of us...)

(...)

Go!